- Eclipse Sysdeo Tomcat Plugin http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/Web_Links-index-req-viewlink-cid-120.html
- Eclipse Maven Plugin
- Create or Import your maven project into Eclipse
- Select File > Properties for this project
- Select the Tomcat property
- Check the box "Is a Tomcat Project"
- Enter the context name. For my example, dcmdb
- Click Apply
- Go to
/conf/Catalina/localhost and edit the context file i.e. dcmdb.xml.
- Edit the docBase and workDir to point to the location of your maven project
- Notice that the docbase should point to ../dcmdb/target/dcmdb-1.0 where
- ../dcmdb = the location of my maven project
- ../target/ = the directory that is created when using the maven package command
- ../dcmdcb-1.0 = the directory that is my artifact name. It's the webapp
- The final step involves changing the Java Build Path property in Eclipse by pointing the source output to
/target /dcmdb-1.0/WEB-INF/classes. This means that once you make a change to your code all you need to do is restart tomcat.